[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia teamwork

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 18:20:03 UTC 2001

kpjas at tau.ceti.pl writes:

> Hello all,

Wikipedia is naturally collaborative.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here.  Groups seem to organise
themselves '''naturally''', and really don't need formal structures, or at
least not those that they can't figure out for themselves.  If you feel that
you can and want to organise a "Tiger Team" for some topic or organise
collabaration between the various international wikis, fantastic, go ahead,
you certainly don't need offical blessing.

I for one can prefer the freewheeling edit-what-I-like-when-I-like wikipedia
as it is.  As long as we respect each other opinions, and work toward
NeutralPointOfView, we don't need any more formal layers of bureaucracy beyond
the occasional stern telling off by Larry :)

--
Gareth Owen