[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia teamwork

kpjas at tau.ceti.pl kpjas at tau.ceti.pl
Tue Aug 7 11:01:04 UTC 2001

Hello all,

Wikipedia is naturally collaborative. Probably there are very few other software projects that serve collaboration better. However I think we should think about and discuss implementation of teamwork.

Some Wikpedia entries easily gather around themselves several people that in a relatively short time and without much debate produce quite acceptable Wikipedia

articles. But it is always so smooth.<br>

My proposition is to start a new page with a link from the Homepage that would

organize teams for work on some subjects.<br>

I don\'t mean just <b>one</b> article, rather more broad subjects like existentialism,

art nouveau style, or cytology. These issues require some more thought on design and some planning and some cross-sectional discussion.<br>

Some subjects need such collaboration like heart - I might know something about human heart but

vertebrates have differently built hearts. I know that but not the details. So zoologists might help a lot.<br>

Sometimes we need a collaboration across national Wikipedias. Usually national Wikipedias take from the English one but Wikipedians from, for instance, Catalonia can help with entries like

[[Antonio Gaudi]].

regards,

Kpjas