[Wikinews-l] End of competition day 1

Jon Davis wiki at konsoletek.com
Tue Jan 26 01:19:04 UTC 2010

I thought I'd chip in my 2 cents also.
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/User:ShakataGaNai/ENWN_stats#Click_through_by_date

Out of curiosity I decided to pull stats on the number of click through's of
enwn.net links.  The daily average for clicks is 603, yesterdays (Day 1 the
competition) saw almost 5x times that amount, or 2913 clicks.  That is the
most clicks in a single day so far.

Impressive day, keep up the good work.
-Jon

PS.  I'll try to remember to update these stats periodically through out the
competition.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 17:00, bawolff
<bawolff+wn at gmail.com<bawolff%2Bwn at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> First day of competition saw lots of success. We had an even 30
> articles published today (with quite a few more pending review.  29 of
> the published articles appear to be contest related). To compare, on
> day 2 of the first international wikinews writing contest (september
> 2, 2005) we had our previous record  [to my knowledge] of 24 articles.
> There was some initial confusion about where to record the scores, but
> they are now being recorded at
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Writing_contest_2010/Standings/log
> and http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Writing_contest_2010/Standings
> .
>
> The top 3 at the end of day one:
> Rank User               pts   articles
> 1       Tempodivalse    31      10
> 2       Bencherlite     27      5
> 3       Dendodge        21      3
>
> (full list:
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Writing_contest_2010/Standings
> )
>
> With a ~4 points pending for tempodivalse depending on how a combined
> effort is divided up.
>
> Also congratulations to Blood Red Sandman for opening the competition
> with the article
>
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/%22Osama_to_Obama%22:_Bin_Laden_addresses_US_President
>
> Good luck to all the competitors
>
> p.s. Its not too late to join see
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Writing_contest_2010 for details
> --
> - Bawolff
> Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85
> million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.

Jon
[[User:ShakataGaNai]]
http://snowulf.com/ - Blog
http://snowulf.imagekind.com/ - Pictures
This has been a test of the emergency sig system.