[Wikinews-l] End of competition day 1

bawolff bawolff+wn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 01:00:10 UTC 2010

First day of competition saw lots of success. We had an even 30
articles published today (with quite a few more pending review.  29 of
the published articles appear to be contest related). To compare, on
day 2 of the first international wikinews writing contest (september
2, 2005) we had our previous record  [to my knowledge] of 24 articles.
There was some initial confusion about where to record the scores, but
they are now being recorded at
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Writing_contest_2010/Standings/log
and http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Writing_contest_2010/Standings
.

The top 3 at the end of day one:
Rank User               pts   articles
1 	Tempodivalse 	31 	10
2 	Bencherlite 	27 	5
3 	Dendodge 	21 	3

(full list:  http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Writing_contest_2010/Standings
)

With a ~4 points pending for tempodivalse depending on how a combined
effort is divided up.

Also congratulations to Blood Red Sandman for opening the competition
with the article
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/%22Osama_to_Obama%22:_Bin_Laden_addresses_US_President

Good luck to all the competitors

p.s. Its not too late to join see
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Writing_contest_2010 for details
--
- Bawolff
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85