[Wikinews-l] [Fwd: Re: [pp.int.general] EU social network spy system: NDECT]

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Mon Oct 26 19:16:51 UTC 2009

The attached email highlights an article from English Wikinews which has
been translated into German and published.

It's all fair and above-board; they've credited Wikinews (with link to
dewn), and as I say in the attached, there's absolutely no reason why
the translation couldn't be cut and pasted from there into German
Wikinews.

Considering the English version[1], I'm not too sure what the stance of
German Wikinews contributors is on fair use; I've assumed the video is ©
someone in the EU, and use it in its entirety via a local upload.

The consensus among English Wikinews contributors is that - if our
"Exemption Doctrine Policy" doesn't currently cover this piece of media,
we should promptly amend it so that it does.

[1]
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Listening_to_you_at_last:_EU_plans_to_tap_cell_phones

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>