[Wikinews-l] Rebooting the "Wikipedia invasion"

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Tue Dec 1 15:02:22 UTC 2009

This from Mike Peel (email address removed) of WMUK.

> I've just posted a few sentences on your talk page; I think that this
> is a great idea, and was actually something I was thinking about
> proposing last night. It's a really suitable place for such a link,
> and I really can't see any downside to doing this...
>
> Has it been discussed before, and if so, where?
>
> The barriers that seem to lie between the different Wikimedia
> projects really need to be broken down. We're all trying to do the
> same thing (spread knowledge freely), just in different ways; we
> shouldn't be standing in each other's way whilst doing so...
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Mike can probably comment on the UK's media cover of newspaper websites
vanishing behind paywalls. I think my good friend "Dirty Digger" Rupert
Murdoch has an awful lot to do with this.

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil