[Wikinews-l] Proposal for the creation of a Wikinews foundation

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:38:40 UTC 2007

On 22/08/07, Wikinews Markie <newsmarkie at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Does the organisation *have* to be only centered on Wikinews? Can't it
> > be called "wiki journalists of the world"?
>

> how many wiki news sites are you aware of?? i'm afraid i only know of the
> one :-)

Is the wiki aspect a significant part of Wikinews? I would not have
thought so. There are many tools you could use to collaboratively
write news.

Is the "citizen journalism" part an important part? -there are many
colleagues there.
Is the free/libre part an important part? IIRC this was a strong
argument when Wikinews began, that many people offer limited
free/gratis news, but no one free/libre news.
Is the 'neutral' part an important part? I would guess so.

cheers,
Brianna
commons:user:pfctdayelise

http://modernthings.org/