[Wikinews-l] Wikinews: Video Wikinews 2.0 produces first promo video.

jason safoutin cute24minbflo at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 01:03:53 UTC 2007

I am not sure...I rarely use YouTube other than just for watching...

Jason

James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote: We still have to promote them, though. Does YouTube retain copyrights on the videos uploaded to the website?

On 4/10/07, Oldak Quill < oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:On 11/04/07, James Hare < messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know. Personally I think YouTube would be a better choice, as people
> have actually heard of YouTube. Then the promo must be posted on digg,
> Wikizine; whore it out as much as possible.

YouTube would be a little better but not much. It is still proprietory
and advert-laden - I sometimes have problems playing YouTube videos on
my Linux machine.

If we are truly committed to creating free content we need to
distribute it in a free manner in formats and media that are not
unfree. Commons would be the best way to go.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)