No subject

Tue Mar 15 17:42:23 UTC 2011

offer was directed to the KWC participants on thus Mailing list.I
think the 4 of us can easily agree on the person tp represent us based
on the challenges and hardships we went through during the KWC.It
doesn't make sense to have guys who dint and perhaps dont know what
KWC was all about voting/vetting or deciding who among us should go.

Plus this is going to be a teaching/sharing event and thus not fun as
some of us have understood it.As such the vetting/voting thing should
be left to the 4participants to decide among themselves after-all why
would you vote for something you dont/dint know about it till this
thread???

P/s:
1;Sam,it would be very nice for you to share your thoughts,challenges
and any piece of advice you got about the KWC.I know you have lots
that would benefit the SA and Botwsana.
2:the participants should all draft about there challenges and lessons
from the KWC and present theme to the representative so trhat they may
benefit the SA/Botswana Challenges

I will be very much willing to share my personal frustrations and
challenges with whoever will be going to SA

Regards,

On 6/20/11, lilian nyarera <lireshi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi good people!!
> Just a point of view. I think given the list of eligibles , Sam should
> represent us.Just an equal opportunity base. However, if he isn't
> interested, vetting should then be done. My consideration idea was, Abbas
> and Oscar represented us at Germany, Alex is going for the WikiMania thing
> so Sam should stand this chance ;if only he is interested!!
> cheers,
> Lilian.
>
> On Fri Jun 17th, 2011 4:51 PM PDT Asaf Bartov wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Abbas Mahmood <abbasjnr at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, I think Asaf was clear in what he said:
>>>
>>>  I* think it makes sense to have one trainer from the Wikipedian
>>> community
>>> in South Africa, for familiarity with (at least some of) the languages,
>>> and
>>> another trainer from among those of you who participated in the 2009
>>> Swahili
>>> challenge, for your insight on the Challenge itself and on the process.*
>>> *
>>> *
>>> To my understanding of the above statement, Asaf says that he wants one
>>> person from SA and one from Kenya.
>>>

>>That's correct.  I'm still waiting for a response from the Wikimedia South
>>Africa group.  In the unlikely event we can't find a volunteer there, we'll
>>need two from your group.  I'll keep you all posted.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>   Asaf
>>--
>>    Asaf Bartov