[Wikimedia Kenya] Wikip/Media Kenya Chapters

Jessie Wild jwild at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 29 19:50:26 UTC 2011

I think this is a great idea! It would be really helpful to the movement to
start with likeminded organizations - there are so many areas for
partnerships.

I'm happy to help brainstorm ideas on how to involve Wikipedia into this
existing club's activities.

Jessie

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Isaac K. Kosgei <kips8505izo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
> As suggested by some members we could use existing clubs to promote
> wikimedia kenya in universities, now that we have started running a
> few programmes including google maps which is beneficial to wikimedia,
> we could also use chapter members as volunteers to assist in
> installing offline version of wiki in high schools and also it will
> help market kenyan universities as students write wikipedia articles
> about their campuses and lecturers.My Question is who supports the
> Idea of using this org
> https://sites.google.com/site/kwetumapmakercompetition/project-definition
> to promote wikimedia in kenya. Let me hear your comments because we
> are rolling out from next week. The website will also be up and
> running in two weeks time. We could include one or two people from the
> chapter as we go round to market the project and the google maps.
> Look forward to your comments.
>
> --
> Isaac K. Kosgei.
> Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
> Egerton University,
> Njoro Kenya.
> (+254727553981)
> www.linkedin.com/in/kipsizoo
> Skype:Kipsizoo
> Twitter:@Kipsizoo
> *"You Must be the Change you wish to see in the world"-Mahatma Ghandi
> *

*Jessie Wild
Global Development, Manager
Wikimedia Foundation