[Wikimediaindia-l] Update, Examples & Request: Wikipedia India Education Program

Srikeit srikeit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:57:09 UTC 2011

My 2p in response to Anirudh's question.

The nature of the program is quite different from the program in the US. The
US program focuses on the topic of Public Policy while the Indian program is
open to all disciplines.

A significant strategic difference between the Indian and US programs is the
Program Pilot.

The Pilot program in Pune is to test the various facets of strategy and
implementation of the Indian adaptation of the Campus Program. The immense
learnings from this Pilot will be extended to the nation-wide roll-out of
the program.

Another major strategic decision (unique to the India Program) has been to
appoint a full-time Fellow (PJ Tabit) for a from June through August 2011 to
. PJ was a Campus Ambassador in the US program and the chairman of the
Chairman of the Ambassador Steering committee. He was instrumental
in getting the Pilot off the ground coordinating between campus ambassadors
and professors. Having an experienced full-time person working for the
program for the initial stages was critical.

Regards
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Anirudh Bhati <anirudhsbh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nitika,
>
> Congratulations on joining the team at India operations!
>
> Can you also highlight any significant differences between the strategy for
> the Education programme in the US and for the one in India?  Thanks.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Anirudh Bhati
>
> +855 975 529 803
> Skype: anirudhsbh
>

> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Gautam John <gautam at prathambooks.org>wrote:
>
>> On 5 September 2011 16:40, Nitika Tandon <ntandon at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Economics and College of Engineering Pune). We already have over 1000
>> > students enrolled from just these 2 colleges.  Most of these students
>> have
>>
>> A 1000 students?! That is quite stupendous! I wonder if we can measure
>> the contributions by these students over the course of the year?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Gautam
>> ________