[Wikimediaindia-l] Important : WikiPuneri Meetup No 14 - Date changed to 04 Jun 2011 and a special invite to the community

Ashwin Baindur ashwin.baindur at gmail.com
Sat May 28 05:53:55 UTC 2011

Hello friends,

There is a lot happening in Pune next week. We have a lot of visitors in
town who would especially like to interact with the Pune Community. Our help
and cooperation has been sought for the Campus Ambassador training event
next weekend. Our *MEETUP DATE IS NOW CHANGED FROM 11 JUN TO 04 JUN* *2011
(Saturday)* at 1800 hours at SICSR, Atur Centre, Model Colony. Room No 704.
7th floor.

Hisham Mundol, National Program Coordinator, who is leading the Campus
Ambassador programme, will be in Pune for a week for masterminding the
event. Bishakha Datta, Trustee, will be gracing the event on Saturday. Tinu
Cherian, the quintessential Indian outreach activist, will also be coming
for and participating in the meet - a rare treat for us. I spoke to Arjuna
Rao Chawala and he has promised to confirm attendance by an Indian Chapter
representative soon.

We have a number of people visiting us from abroad. Frank Schulenburg, Head
of Public Outreach and Annie Lin, who leads the Ambassador Program are
visiting Pune for the Campus Ambassador training event on 04-05 Jun 2011. We
also have P.J. Tabit coming down to India between June 1st and August 21st
to support the launch of the Wikipedia India Education Program. PJ is a
Campus Ambassador in the US and is on the Ambassador Steering Committee for
Wikipedia. We, the Pune community, welcome Frank, Annie & PJ to Pune and
hope they have a wonderful stay.

We also welcome any members of the Wikimedian community in India from
outside Pune who are going to be with us for this event. Do let us know if
we can help you in any way.

Broadly speaking, the campus ambassadors will be trained on 4th and 5th Jun
by the outreach team comprising lndian and foreign Wikipedians. In the
evening on Saturday, the campus ambassadors and the outreach team will be
present for our meetup.* After the meetup, the Outreach Team has invited the
Pune Wikipedia community for  a* *SOCIAL EVENING WITH DINNER*. Venue for
social evening will be indicated at the meetup.

Coming to another issue, the Campus Ambassadors themselves.

The first batch of Campus Ambassadors has been selected. To those selected,
we say - heartiest congratulations, you will shortly be learning to edit and
to evangelise Wikipedia. It is a most challenging task and we assure you of
the community's support. We invite you to be part of our community and we
promise to help you, guide you and partner you in this extraordinary journey
you will undertake.

We also know that some other aspirants have not been selected this time
round. In most cases, this is due to their lack of Wikipedia skills. To all
of them we say - there will be another round of selection coming up in a few
months, so have a great heart and wait. The fact that all of you stood tall
and came forth means you already belong to the select batch of people who
are doers and achievers. We, the Pune community, invite you to join us for
this meetup and become part of us. We will help you get the skills to make
you ready for the next round of selections.

*Many of you all who are interested in becoming Wikipedians are requested to
join all of the above :*

   list for Wikimedians in Pune, India)
   list for Wikimedians in Pune, India)

*Also please join the following groups on Facebook*

   - Wikimedia India
   - WikiPuneri

*IMPORTANT*: All those attending the meetup from Pune (excepting those
selected for the Campus Ambassador program or those organising the event or
visiting from outside Pune) need to confirm attendance so that we can plan
accordingly. Send your confirmation to :

ashwin.baindur at gmail.com   with subject : "Attending Pune meetup". Those not
attending need not respond.

So till then, Au revoir & Namaste, Khuda Hafez and Sat Sri Akal,

Jai Hind

*
*
*