[Wikimediaindia-l] Quantity Vs Quality: Hindi Wikipedia story

mayur mayurdce at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:03:48 UTC 2011

Here are the list of articles being created in last one month, you can
yourself check the quality of articles being created in hindi wiki.Due to
our tough scrutiny of abuse filters it become very difficult to created
vandalized articles in hindi wiipedia.If anybody really want to measure
quality v/s Quantity you can check no of articles created for last one month
or 2 months and also check their quality, you can easily observe that hindi
wiki is at very safe stage.Creating stub articles was a old tradition in
many wiki, Hindi wiki also adopted this at a very intial stage but as many
articles were useless and having wrong information thats why We decided to
delete them 3 month ago and also banned creation of very short vandalized
article.About 20000 articles has been deleted so far in last 3 months. Now
Quality of hindi wiki is improving very fast.We also hope some more good and
experienced users from other wiki communities  to join our community so as
to improve our project in more dimensions.