[Wikimediaindia-l] Malayalam wikipedia crossed the 10 Lakh/1 million edits milestone

Ravishankar ravidreams at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:52:41 UTC 2011

> It is clear from depth formula, that all these factors can be incremental
> to "depth". So if anybody believes that Malayalam Wikipedia is irrelevant, I
> welcome them to there to check its irrelevancy and contribute their home
> wikii until it become irrelevant like Malayalam Wikipedia. :)

Hi Praveen,

My comment was shared generally on what we measure and its relevance.

For example, Google measures its project based on number of words
translated. But this number is irrelevant if the translation is mechanical
and flawed. I can cite numerous example where it is easy to get lost in
numbers and chase wrong targets.

Many of us who shared differing views do work with and appreciate Malayalam
Wikipedians on various things. So, please do not take this as a view against
Malayalam Wikipedia.

All izz well :)

Ravi