[Wikimediaindia-l] Malayalam wikipedia crossed the 10 Lakh/1 million edits milestone

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 05:15:43 UTC 2011

> We have users in Tamil Wikipedia who bulk upload 100s of complete articles
> they wrote offline with just one edit per article.

That happens in all the wikipedias which has an active community. That might
also be possible with the the Google translation project.

In general, quality of a wiki article improves as more people work on it.
More edits from more number of users means more quality on the wiki article.
Otherwise there is no difference between a knol/blogpost and a wiki article.
:)

> *"Depths above 300 for Wikipedias<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wikipedias#Notes>below 100 000 articles have been automatically dismissed as irrelevant."
> *

Who has mentioned about the depth in the below mail?

When we focus on number of articles, some end up creating useless stubs. The
> same should not happen when we focus on edit counts.

Yes. All wikis has stubs and almost of the articles are created as stub
articles.

Shiju