[Wikimediaindia-l] Is it morally right for govts to support sanskrit wikipedia?

Basavaraj Itnal basavarajitnal at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 09:31:29 UTC 2011

1. Till the Britsh Raj, Brahmins kept a large part of Indian society out of bounds from knowledge which was in Sanskrit. They had provisions to pour molten lead into the ears of non-brahmins (including all women) who even heard a word of sanskrit. knowledge contained in that language is now available in English and Sanskrit only symbolises tyranny. Do we need Wikipedia in Sanskrit with the support of govt funding?

2. Why cannt we have a wikepedia in Pali as well, the language which was used by Budha and which can give us an alternate view on life to that of vedic view?