[Wikimediaindia-l] ToI front page: Rs 1 cr for Sanskrit WP

Prashanth NS prashanth.ns at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 05:15:29 UTC 2011

Yea. I remember that announcement 2 years back and then it got converted
into an internal project.

But, a good opportunity for advocacy here. Perhaps some chapter members
should meet the department officials and try and get co-opted into the
decision-making process. Often, it is lack of information and trust that
scares them. Unlike 2 years, back with the chapter in place and most of us
quite well networked, we should get involved closely and see if we can get
them to invest in improving the sanskrit and kananda wikis.

Strangely, I don't see this in any other paper other than TOI? Anybody got
another link?

Prashanth N S
Faculty, Institute of Public Health, Bangalore ( http://www.iphindia.org )
Asst. Director (Research), Karuna Trust & VGKK

web @ http://daktre.com
@prashanthns on twitter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Prashanthns
photos @ http://flickr.com/photos/biligiri