[Wikimediaindia-l] ToI front page: Rs 1 cr for Sanskrit WP

Hari Prasad Nadig hpnadig at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 05:08:00 UTC 2011

Personally, I'd be careful not to jump to conclusions just because they've
used the word "Wikipedia" in the announcement.

Two years back, the budget said "Rs XYZ Crores for Wikipedia in Kannada" and
that turned out to be for a project the government wanted to do "on the
lines of" Kannada Wikipedia, but one that had full editing control. They did
not even know that there was an already existing Kannada Wikipedia. The
project was later named "KaNaja" (http://kanaja.in).

--
Hari Prasad Nadig