[Wikimediaindia-l] Dr. Sengai Podhuvan 's Appeal to Fund raising banners

Srikanth Lakshmanan srik.lak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 04:57:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 22:50, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <
parakara.ghoda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let up try to find
> more people like him.

1. en:User:Nvvchar (~75) :- Some of us first met him at Tinu's residence on
3rd Bangalore meetup. He retired from Wikipedia just a couple of days
before conference citing ill health and had been creating DYK for sometime
and have done over 500 of them. He was the inspiration for me to write my
first DYK and then the DYK apps.

2. ta/en:User:Profvk (84) :- If you thought Dr. Sengai Podhuvan is the
eldest contributor in Tamil Wikipedia, you are wrong. Profvk writes
mathematics / Hinduism related articles on Tamil Wikipedia & English
Wikipedia. He was also about to attend WikiConference and had submitted
this proposal[3], we tried everything possible to have him, but he had to
pull out last minute due to illness.We hope he gets healthy and comes back
soon.

Please share more stories!

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Nvvchar
[2] http://ta.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Profvk