[Wikimediaindia-l] Towards improving infrastructure or resource people on Wikipedia

Pradeep Mohandas pradeep.mohandas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 17:04:32 UTC 2011

hi,

We must encourage having resouce persons who can help us with various
things and who are networked. We need multiple people who are capable of
building the community using these resources.

Specifically, we need more people who can communicate with the media, with
social media (I know the sterling job that Tinu does in this area, but more
hands, do not hurt), with setting up internet infrastructure, having more
coders, having more people who are aware of the legal aspects, having more
people who are aware of copyright, who are aware of workings in the
Government and the Police. Such people may currently exist in each city
through personal networks currently, but it might help for a growing
community like Wikipedia's to have them in multiple places.

I am not sure if this makes sense, but in short, what I mean is that we
must now, as a community work towards infrastructure building that will
support the community.

warm regards,
Pradeep Mohandas

--