[Wikimediaindia-l] SocialShare Gadget on Tamil Wikipedia

Srikanth Lakshmanan srik.lak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 20:33:16 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Just as we started the Tamil Wiki Media Contest[1], we have realized the
power of social media[2] and virality. In an attempt to increase page views
even by single digits and having more visibility for content pages, I was
looking around and found the share gadget on Hebrew wikipedia and have
adapted the gadget code[3] to Tamil[4]. Since Indic wikipedias need more
people to read the articles, this might be useful gadget you might want to
your Indic wikiprojects. Should you need any help to get this on your wiki,
please ping me off-list.

Thanks Hebrew community for the code & Bala/Surya for helping out.

Okay, next time you read a good article on Tamil Wikipedia, just share with
your friends :)

[1] http://ta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contest
[2] http://www.facebook.com/tawmc
[3] http://tawp.in/r/2v3x