[Wikimediaindia-l] Workshop at HBCSE: WikiConference 2011 Scholarships Selection

Vickram Crishna vvcrishna at radiophony.com
Thu Aug 25 05:16:45 UTC 2011

With the very kind assistance and support of the Homi Bhabha Centre for
Science Education, we are holding a workshop from 10-6 on Saturday, 27
August, 2011 at the Gnowledge Labs.

We will be developing a routine to sort through the 7070 applications for
scholarships according to the rules set with discussions by the community
for awards of the scholarships, the call for which was extraordinarily
enthusiastic, reflecting the level of keen anticipation amongst persons
interested in Wikimedia activities for a pathbreaking conference of this
nature. We expect to substantially complete the task of sorting through the
bulk of the applications submitted, helping us arrive at the final list of
awardees, and generating stats that will provide a baseline for the future
organisation of such important events.

The workshop will be open to all, except to persons who have already
submitted an application for a scholarship to attend the conference. If you
have submitted an application, therefore, please do not attend this
workshop, but we welcome and look forward to an equally enthusiastic
response for participation at this workshop from all in the community in
Mumbai, who can spare a day for an exhilarating session.

Please note that the Gnowledge Labs has electrical and wireless net
connectivity, but the workshop attendees must bring their own workstations
(laptops, netbooks or tablets).

We look forward to seeing you at the workshop.
--
Vickram
Fool On The Hill <http://communicall.wordpress.com>