[Wikimediaindia-l] Question for Hindi Wikipedians

theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 12:43:55 UTC 2010

Well by that logic all north Indians are native speakers/writers of Hindi,
the thing is Windows didnt have proper support for Hindi up untill SP2 on
Windows XP. I would assume that 90% maybe higher percent of the PC's run
primarily on an english Operating system. So the browser and the operating
system would be in English, most online communities and local blogs are also
primarily in English. In fact, they would have to be well educated
individuals with internet access to even be on the Hindi Wikipedia,
demographic-wise they would be going half way around only to edit the Hindi
Wikipedia.

Regards

Salmaan