[Wikimediaindia-l] Fwd: [Wikimedia-in-blr] Bangalore Monthly wikipedia meetup

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 10:37:19 UTC 2010

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: CherianTinu Abraham <tinucherian at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-in-blr] Bangalore Monthly wikipedia meetup -
Announcing special talk
To: "Mailing list for Wikimedians / Wikipedians in Bangalore, India" <
wikimedia-in-blr at lists.wikimedia.org>

Folks,
I have uploaded the photos of Bangalore Wikimeetup 18 to commons
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Bangalore_Meetup_Sep10

Possibly due to long weekend and 2 major festivals , the attendence of this
meetup was relatively low. But the best part was that there were three
first-timers , of the 7 people who attended.. I have decided to follow up
and engage with new people who are coming to the meetup, from now on. I have
asked them to also subscribe to our aliases.

There were 3 presentations
1) "Wikimedia Israel / Hebrew Wikipedia and its activities " - Asaf Bartov
(User:Ijon)
    The presentation was done remotely over skype video. Hebrew Wikipedia
crossing 1 lakh articles with just 150-200 active contributors ( with still
maintaining article quality & no blind bot created articles) is a good case
study for the Indian languages to follow.  Asaf shared their experiences
with the various outreach activities undertaken by Wikimedia Israel.
2) "Project Management best practices for WikiProjects". - Arjunarao
3) "Wikimedia Chapters and other forms of affiliation" - Achal Prabhala

Regards
Tinu Cherian

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 10:31 AM, CherianTinu Abraham <tinucherian at gmail.com