[Wikimedia Brasil] SOPA

João jolorib em gmail.com
Terça Dezembro 13 12:37:19 UTC 2011

Parece que alguem já tinha colocado isso aqui, mas eu não acho o email,
então vai *dinovo*:

A few months ago, the Italian Wikipedia community made a decision to blank
all of Italian Wikipedia for a short period in order to protest a law which
would infringe on their editorial independence. The Italian Parliament
backed down immediately. As Wikipedians may or may not be aware, a much
worse law going under the misleading title of "Stop Online Piracy
Act<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act>'
is working its way through Congress on a bit of a fast track. I may be
attending a meeting at the White House on Monday (pending confirmation on a
couple of fronts) along with executives from many other top Internet firms,
and I thought this would be a good time to take a quick reading of the
community feeling on this issue. My own view is that a community strike was
very powerful and successful in Italy and could be even more powerful in
this case. There are obviously many questions about whether the strike
should be geotargetted (US-only), etc. (One possible view is that because
the law would seriously impact the functioning of Wikipedia for everyone, a
global strike of at least the English Wikipedia would put the maximum
pressure on the US government.) At the same time, it's of course a very
very big deal to do something like this, it is unprecedented for English
Wikipedia. — Preceding
unsigned<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Signatures>comment
added by Jimbo
Wales <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jimbo_Wales>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jimbo_Wales#Request_for_Comment:_SOPA_and_a_strike

O Jimbo está propondo branquear a en - wp (ou mesmo tudo) por um tempo
limitado,  em protesto a uma lei em discussão no congresso dos USA. peito
ele tem.

Votação local, quem é contra e quem é a favor?

*Firmly Support  Jo Lorib
<http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usu%C3%A1rio:Jo_Lorib>

*