[Wikimediaau-l] WMAu IRC discussion tomorrow night

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 09:13:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:07 AM, private musings
<thepmaccount at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was sorry to have missed this - I probably would have asked about
> whether or not there's any way to get an image, or images, onto the
> 'landing page' for donations - I think the carousel of WMF projects
> has since been added - or possibly it was always there and I missed
> it!

That image was added on request of Angela.

> I also wondered if anyone might fancy asking the foundation if the
> 'Donate' buttons on the left hand side of the screen might also be
> able to use the geo-locate function to enable donations to WMAU that
> way also?

This has been raised, but isnt a high priority because we're guessing
that most people are going to hit the huge banner.

However, the 'AUD' coming into the WMF is slowly going up.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Special:ContributionStatistics

http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Special:FundraiserStatistics

http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Special:ContributionStatistics

--