[Wikimediaau-l] Membership, regional participation and other things

Nathan Carter cartmanau at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:06:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:
> But who is out there, and what sort of successes would they like to
> own? And what methods would be better than meetups for establishing a
> core of regular participants?

While meetups do fall under our Statement of Purpose (i.e. "organise
and participate in educational and social events") we need to be
careful not to over-emphasise their importance. There seems to be some
sort of a perception that in order to be an active member you need to
participate in meetups, etc.

Member retention may be an issue and it will need to be explored, but
one of the issues may be that those who join don't feel as though they
are getting anything from it.

Regards,
Nathan.