[Wikimediaau-l] Conroy - "Measures to improve safety of the internet for families"

Andrew orderinchaos78 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:44:26 UTC 2009

My own position is very similar to Liam's - personally opposed to the filter
as a free-thinking Australian citizen who believes it should be up to
parents what their kids see and the government has no place telling adults
what they can or can not see. Additionally I think it could have speed
effects and we're already one of the slower countries broadband-wise in the
developed world. I also agree with Liam though that we need to be clear with
the outside world that we are not Wikipedia, and it is a fine line
(promoting something while not being responsible for it - which is not
irresponsible, but rather acknowledging the responsiblity correctly lies
elsewhere).

cheers
Andrew