[Wikimediaau-l] Open-Edge (education) conference - Sydney, 9 Oct

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 03:24:34 UTC 2009

Hello list, especially Sydneysiders,

A friend of mine, Donna Benjamin, is organising an event in Sydney in
October called "Open-Edge" (as in education I think).
http://open-edge.info/ They have relatively short speaking slots
(15-30 minutes) and I think it would be great if there was a
Wikimedian presentation there.

Does anyone feel up for it? She is looking to finalise the line-up
relatively soon.

If you have never presented before, those of us who have can give you
some tips for what to cover, common questions etc. There are also
quite a few existing slide sets etc you can draw on. It's quite a
short time so you don't need to present the comprehensive thing ever,
and the audience should be quite friendly.

Anyone keen?

thanks,
Brianna