[Wikimediaau-l] Wiki Wednesday, Sydney - Report

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 21:55:33 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Brianna Laugher
<brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Who are the CustomWare folks? How did you (Sydneysiders) get in
> contact/partnership with them?

CustomWare do (along with other things) wiki consulting with
Atlassian's Confluence. Apparently not in a notable way though...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Undelete/CustomWare_Asia_Pacific

I got in contact with James who works there after discovering he was
organising wiki wednesdays in Sydney (starting a couple of years ago,
but so far not regularly).

> How did you get such a great crowd of folks along? (They surely can't
> ALL be your contacts, Liam ;)) Was any advertising of the event done?

There wasn't a lot of promotion except for the usual mentions on blogs
and twitter. I expect that having it at Atlassian's office helped
since a lot of their staff showed up. It was quite a surprising
turnout considering the last one consisted of about 6 people meeting
in a bar!

Angela