[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimediaau-l Digest, Vol 29, Issue 9

Orderinchaos78 orderinchaos78 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:03:28 UTC 2008

I agree with Peter Halasz re Jimbo - Australians are a particular audience
and will always go for the local alternative if there is one. And as Peter
highlights, Jimbo doesn't run the chapter, our elected board does. I think
also if it looks "led" rather than participatory, people will not think they
can aspire to contribute meaningfully to the Chapter's operations and
projects. I know when I started on enWP there was this sort of aura and air
about the whole thing which eventually was overcome when I realised it was
just real, ordinary people from a range of backgrounds contributing to a
shared ideal.

Some great ideas from people re brochure/marketing btw :)

cheers
Andrew