[Wikimediaau-l] Ideas needed for wikinews interview

Confusing Manifestation confusingmanifestation at gmail.com
Wed May 28 12:12:03 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

I'm working on lining up an interview with the Hon. Maxine McKew for
Wikinews, but while I've got some great ideas for things to ask her, I
don't have a single angle to work from (and I get the feeling that
without something either Bennelong or Early Child Care-related, I
won't get too far).

Some of the topics I've considered asking about (depending on how long
it takes to get this organised) are:

* reaction to the Bill Henson photos
* the "Battle for Bennelong" is going to be made into a telemovie
* an issue with the funding for child-care centres in the Budget
(where the amount allocated was found to include a whole bunch of
future costs like child-care payments to parents, leaving a lot less
for the actual set-up of the centre than initially believed)

As you can see, a little limited in number, and none of them likely to
stimulate a lengthy interview of any quality.

Oh, and before you ask, I have already gotten in contact with Ms
McKew's office, so the probability of the interview going ahead is
currently a couple of steps above "completely impossible".

Any ideas?

Chris