[Wikimediaau-l] Chapter/SoP update

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 31 22:18:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 12:49:11AM +1000, Brianna Laugher wrote:
> 2008/7/31 Brian Salter-Duke <b_duke at bigpond.net.au>:
> > No real hurry. We could just kick in our membership fees and that would
> > cover it. If my fee of $40 is knocked off the total, then we only need
> > another $73.50. That is just 2 others at the full rate. The committee
> > needs to decide the concession rate.
>
> Our rules say "# Annual subscription fee - $40.00, concession (as
> defined by the committee from time to time) $20.00." which suggests to
> me that the rate is decided, but the precise definition of
> "concession" is left to be "defined from time to time".

You are right. I was not thinking straight. Whether Liam is right in
thinking the committee can alter the concession fee is another matter.
Maybe CAV will tell us that section on fees is not clear. It raises the
question of how we can change the fee in future. It surely can not be
the same as changing the rules themselves. I'll try to find out.

Cheers, Brian.

          Brian Salter-Duke            b_duke at bigpond.net.au
               [[User:Bduke]]  mainly on en:Wikipedia.
     Also on fr: Wikipedia, Meta-Wiki and Wikiversity and others.
                     Go Wikimedia Australia, Go!