[Wikimediaau-l] Sydney Meetup planned! (and something about membership fees)

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 05:04:33 UTC 2008

This is a bit of a heads up to our warmer cousins in the north and
west, and our unfortunate cousins in the south of this great land...
Sydney is planning a meetup, and all are welcome! - it's looking like
the 13th August at 18.30;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Sydney#Future_meetings:_to_be_arranged...

I also saw Brian's post about refunding his credit card payment
through collection of membership fees, thought that this was a great
idea, and wanted to see if we can't make it happen (hey - if we do
this quickly, he can even make a few micro-cents profit from an
interest paying account :-) )....I'm certainly willing to send some
money over to somewhere

- in fact, it would be particularly cool if we could have a system in
place by the time of the Sydney meetup, so someone (angela?) could be
press ganged into collecting some cash and depositing it under a
suitable bed / in a suitable airport locker / into the correct
account...... (presuming recent overseas trips have helped with that
rather debilitating pokie habit.... ;-) )

I reckon it's quite likely the meetup will stretch to 7 - 10 people,
and it'd be cool to strike while the Iron's hot to keep recent strong
momentum!

thoughts most welcome.....

Peter.
PM.