[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimania 2010 bid idea: joint-bid with iSummit?

Craig Franklin craig at halo-17.net
Sat Aug 23 07:10:41 UTC 2008

Hi Liam and List,

This is a fantastic post which I unfortunately don't have time to reply to all right now, but I would like to make one point: we should take pains to hold workshops and do stuff outside of just Sydney and Melbourne.  Capacity-building workshops should also be held in Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane at a minimum, if we want this to be a national organisation and not just Wikimedia Sydney+Melbourne.

I really think we'd have the interest to make such a thing viable, especially since Adelaide and Brisbane both got decent turnout for the incorporation meetings, while only one Sydneysider made the effort to turn out (from memory, please correct me if I'm wrong here).  The interest is obviously there, and we should do our best to harness it rather than concentrating only on a couple of geographic areas.

Cheers,
Craig

Craig Franklin
PO Box 1093