[Wikimediaau-l] Blanche D'apulget

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 12:39:25 UTC 2008

Sorry to write again so soon everyone.

I just turned on the TV to see [[Blanche D'apulget]] (Bob Hawke's
wife) discussing her biography on Wikipedia on the ABC TV programme -
Q&A.
She complained for a couple of minutes about mistakes in the article
- specifically how we say she "had an affair" - and that the article
was "crass". Also, apparently we credit her with a book she hadn't
written.

But!
She's just written a new book "on longing" where she has put a lot of
personal information apparently. She said that she did this to set
the record straight after wikipedia. The point was made a couple of
times (on prime time tv) that her reading her wikipedia article was
the reason she decided to share her life more openly. Whether this
was a good or a bad thing was left open.

People might want to watchlist this article for a couple of days in
case something goes on - although I doubt that many people who watch
Q&A are also wikipedians! It may, perhaps, result in some media
inquiries...

Thought you might want to know. Please tell me if I shouldn't be
using this forum or if there are other places I should notify.
here's the show video on the ABC website: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/
qanda/txt/s2335904.htm

Best,
Liam Wyatt