[Wikimediaau-l] AGM Date Idea

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 07:12:32 UTC 2008

2008/8/18 Daniel Bryant <dbwiki at gmail.com>:
> An AGM cannot take place until we have structured and paid-for members. We
> can't have members until our bank account is established and ratified as
> being Wikimedia Australia's, and we have a method of handling payments and
> membership forms. So I'd suggest that it won't be the case that this will
> all be confirmed before late September. Plus then we need to get proxies
> organised, give sufficient notice, arrange a place to hold it in Melbourne,
> etc.
>
> I think we all need to slow down rushing towards an AGM and get things RIGHT
> first. We don't want a crappy process because we rushed it. The world will
> not die if we don't have an AGM in the next five weeks.

I tend to agree with Daniel, as much as I want to have an AGM ASAP. It
is worth setting up from the start as we intend to continue, and we
are just having that slow thing that happens when you need to interact
with the real world despite being in all different locations. But we
are making progress... really... the bank account is half-opened. The
web interface for signing up membership half-works. Please bear with
us. :)

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/