[Wikimediaau-l] Chapter/SoP update

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 05:15:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Brianna Laugher
<brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> For membership, I am thinking maybe we should use some software like
> <http://www.flamingspork.com/projects/memberdb/>. (This is software
> developed and used by Linux Australia) I am not sure if online
> payments are integrated into that. I'm guessing not. I will email that
> dev and pick his brain a bit...

I've downloaded the code and had a peek.  It requires MySQL 5.0.15,
which wont be a problem.  It doesnt have payments integrated, but it
does have an membership approval mechanism.

The most important element of the software is the Election
capabilities, which essentially give us the ability to run online
elections in a similar manner to the WMF "Board elections".

I've grabbed a copy of the current codebase which will be version
"0.6", and emailed the software developer to gather more info.

--
John