[Wikimedia-l] Community consultation + Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director selection process

Tobias church.of.emacs.ml at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 30 09:45:55 UTC 2014

On 01/30/2014 02:22 AM, Steve Zhang wrote:
> Funnily enough the cost of doing so has been looked into:
> http://news.com.au/technology/lehigh-university-figure-out-how-much-it-costs-to-build-death-star/story-e6frfro0-1226275852491
>
> In short, $8,100,000,000,000,000 and would take about 800,000 years.
> Probably not a viable solution :)

Also, I don't think that our community could agree on building a Death
Star, seeing that it's diameter is subject of a fierce dispute and edit
war on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Lamest_edit_wars#Death_Star

I believe building the Infosphere is much more suitable given our
movement's mission:
  "The Infosphere is a massive […] memory bank created […] to catalogue
all the information in the Universe"
http://theinfosphere.org/Infosphere