[Wikimedia-l] Community consultation + Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director selection process

Jan-Bart de Vreede jdevreede at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 21 10:58:46 UTC 2014

Hey

There is no “community consultation” period in the selection proces. Its simply not feasible or desirable to have someone have a public “vetting” phase. The good news is that you elected representatives on the board who have a strong voice in the selection process and final approval.

Jan-Bart de Vreede
Chair Wikimedia Board of Trustees