[Wikimedia-l] European Commission Copyright Consultation

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 16:06:02 UTC 2014

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov, 21/01/2014 16:19:
> On the one hand, individual Wikimedians and EU chapters participating in
> the Free Knowledge Advocacy Group EU [1] have worked together to draft an
> "answering guide" for the consultation. Each chapter, individual or other
> organisation is free to use these answers in whole or in parts to produce
> their own submission.

Where is/will this be? Is this the same thing as
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/European_Commission_copyright_consultation>?

> On the other hand we have put the entire thing on Meta. [3] If the movement
> manages to come up with decent answers, then again everyone will be free to
> use the answers in whole or in parts. [...]

Sure. I've already added my thoughts there. I tried to write them in
neutral mode so that they're as close as possible to something that can
be included in a response, but others have added more opinion-like texts
and even added signatures. It would IMHO be better for it to be a living
document but it's currently mostly a discussion and partly a vote.

Nemo