[Wikimedia-l] Relationship between Wikimedia and oDesk

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 10:50:15 UTC 2014

Hoi,
Odesk is the way the WMF pays people who do not live in the USA. What is
expected of a contractor or employee is to register the time worked for the
WMF and the contractor is paid through Odesk. This has all kinds of legal
reasons.

When an employee / contractor wants to use Odesk in addition to work done
for the WMF, they can as long as the contract with WMF does not require
exclusivity. Typically people working through Odesk work in the area of
software development.
Thanks,
     Gerard