[Wikimedia-l] Wikidata, templates, Modules Lua

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 12:31:55 UTC 2014

Hoi,
When your question is, is it possible for the work of professionals who
write LUA programs to make sense particularly in the bigger WMF context,
the context of the 285+ Wikipedias, my answer is yes.

What I would like is for them to take up the challenge and internationalise
the LUA programs and find a way to get them localised. You may want to
cooperate with the translatewiki.net community. That would imho be optimal.

When the Swedish community finds it hard to create the appropriate LUA
programs and templates, consider how this scales to the smaller projects.
Every Wiki will benefit from standardisation of internationalisation and
LUA best practices.. there are more smaller projects. Finding a way to
localise and distribute the best and the brightest LUA software is a
challenge that will benefit from the endurance a professional brings to us
all.
Thanks,
     GerardM