[Wikimedia-l] Public Domain Day

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Fri Jan 3 14:31:29 UTC 2014

* Michael Maggs wrote:
>On 3 Jan 2014, at 14:22, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi at gmx.net> wrote:
>> I find it a bit worrying that Commons makes little effort to distinguish
>> between "copyright on this sculpture" and "copyright on this photograph
>> of a sculpture". It would seem preferable if there was suitable meta
>> data recording the reason why these media have been restored.
>
>That distinction is made very carefully in Commons policies, and has
>been for many years.. If you have examples of some images that have been
>tagged incorrectly, please say.

<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Oeuvre_de_Gustav_Vigeland_(4846416424).jpg>
was the first I clicked and it does not seem to have any structured in-
dication of a PD status. I take it some of the other images are in the
`PD-author` category, so perhaps not all metadata has been updated for
the images, hence my question how the list was obtained.