[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] updates from Annual Plan Grant / FDC grantees

Katy Love klove at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 3 06:20:57 UTC 2014

Hello, friends in the Wikimedia community,

Organizations that receive Annual Plan Grants from the Funds Dissemination
Committee (FDC) have been hard at work this last quarter! If you haven't
yet had a chance to look at some of their most recent reports, do take a
look to get a sense of some of the exciting developments.  As always, the
FDC staff has also produced an overview of these reports, including
observations from global-level trends and program updates. [1] We've also
highlighted some of the biggest successes and some ongoing challenges for
these organizations, and included a financial summary of spending to date.
I'm happy to say that the overview report is also available in French [2];
thank you to our amazing translators!

I encourage you to take a look at the overview report. From there, you can
easily find the progress reports from the organizations in depth, or see
their associated Discussion pages for more in-depth appreciation, questions
and suggestions from the FDC staff. You'll find some beautiful photos and
interesting audio and video files, learn about recent work on Wiki Loves
Monuments, celebrate with those completing tenth Wikipedia anniversaries,
review updates on partnerships with GLAM institutions, and learn more about
Wikipedians-in-Residence programs. And much more! You'll also get good
insight into what is working well and how entities are adapting as they
learn about programs or approaches that aren't working as well.

I want to thank all the organizations submitting Annual Plan Grant reports
to the FDC for their hard work over this last quarter. These progress
reports are from both Round 1 and Round 2 2012-2013 and offer us all a
chance to learn from movement organizations. I thank them for capturing and
sharing what they are learning as they go so that we can celebrate and
build on successes and grow together.

Fell free to contact me with questions or comments. And a very Happy New
Year to all!
Katy

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:APG/Proposals/2012-2013_round1/Staff_summary/Progress_report_form/Q3