[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] access to journals

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Sep 24 20:13:26 UTC 2013

On 24 September 2013 14:06, Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm now working for the National Library of Australia and we offer free, at
> home, access to JSTOR and MANY other restricted access databases to any
> Australian, if they get a free library card.

> Is this unique to Australia?

My free library subscription in Birmingham, England, gets me access -
from home or indeed anywhere else - to a number of otherwise-paywalled
online databases and services <http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/libsubs>.
These include:

  * Credo Reference
  * Naxos Music Library - streaming classicall & other music
  * Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
  * Oxford English Dictionary
  * Oxford Reference Online
  * Times Digital Archive - complete from 1785 - 1985

and more besides. But not JSTOR.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing