[Wikimedia-l] Who will host Wikimedia Conference 2014? Bidding process is open!

Nicole Ebber nicole.ebber at wikimedia.de
Wed Sep 18 15:10:20 UTC 2013

Hey Katie,

On 18 September 2013 16:59, Katie Chan <ktc at ktchan.info> wrote:
> Italy applied to the WMF Grants Program for fund to host this year
> conference. Unless the WMF have agreed to guarantee funding for future years
> conference (I haven't been following so not sure), then whoever is hosting
> the conference will also need time to apply for funding from Grants.

See Asaf's mail and comment on Meta:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Future_of_the_Wikimedia_Conference#Financing_a_Wikimedia_Conference

"To enable more chapters to offer their city/country as the hosting
entity, the Foundation has made the decision to financially support
the hosting expenses for the Wikimedia Conference itself; to include
the cost of the main conference venue and miscellaneous meeting rooms,
the cost of internet access at that venue, the cost of meals provided
at the conference venue during the conference for all participants and
any group ground transit needs related specifically to the meetings at
the conference. "

Cheers,
Nicole

--
Nicole Ebber
International Affairs

Tel. +49 30 219158 26-0

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das