[Wikimedia-l] Radiological images

James Heilman jmh649 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 23:08:00 UTC 2013

Yes agree completely that we are dealing with an area of law that is
currently undefined. All I am proposing is that we do what the rest of the
publishing industry is doing. No more, no less. We do not need to be
innovator in areas of copyright or in the area of patient consent. And yes
I keep signed consent of all identifiable images I upload to Wikipedia (I
have discussed this issue with my licensing authority and they are happy
with this arrangement).

All the comments by this group are similar to those of the 10 of so lawyers
I have spoken with. They all say that "if the images are copyrightable with
no guarantee that they are, some combination of these 10 groups own the
copyright" with each lawyer supporting one or a number of the different
members of this group of 10.

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian