[Wikimedia-l] MetaWeb updated and refined mission statement and link

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Sat Sep 14 19:42:39 UTC 2013

Joseph Chirum wrote:
>Hello everybody

Hi.

>I havent seen any feedback directly associated with the "Meta World's
>Data", project proposal ... Please get involved ... we are us.....

Yes, I think we can all agree that we are us.

You seem to have a branding problem currently. You're somewhat rambling
about... I'm not really sure what. You seem to use the terms "MetaWeb",
"Meta World's Data", and apparently "MetaWiki" interchangeably. This
naming inconsistency makes it difficult to sell your idea(s) to others.

Wikimedia has a general history of bad naming (Wikipedia, Wikimedia,
MediaWiki, etc.). You've created a page at Meta-Wiki called "MetaWiki".
You're, err, not helping matters. :-)

Most of what you're talking about (I think) sounds very similar to
Wikidata. Have you looked at <https://www.wikidata.org> and
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata>?

Hope that helps.

MZMcBride