[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia and the politics of encryption

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 23:55:23 UTC 2013

So, does this have any bearing on the discussion? -
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/06/us/nsa-foils-much-internet-encryption.html

Or are we just partial to the US surveillance over PRC.

The article does mention SSL, VPNs and 4G security. They even have a "Key
recovery service" and it's been going on for a long while apparently, to
the point that the NSA has been steering the release of encryption
standards and tools. I suppose that should make the "politics of
encryption" a bit less relevant?

-Theo